Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I’m hoping to import some hatching eggs to the UK but was just wondering what American game are like to handle, are they particularly flighty or are they easily tameable and can more than one male be kept together as long as they are raised together?
they have their own minds. Some are docile and easy to handle while others walk their pen growling all day waiting for you to get too close. Not real flighty and no can’t keep them together even if they grow up together. Figure you’ll have to have a pen for each cause hens can be just as bad

You got one mang?

The boys down in Mexico had a badass custom galvanized steel brooder box. Don't have much steel but I have the wood and mesh.

Beats using these hamster cages and kennels hahahahaha
The cleanup on this box is going to be super easy too with both ends having hinged doors. One side to cleanup the removable mesh where I will have the food and water and the heated covered end stuffed with hay.
sounds like an oven

don't the Englanders have their own line/type, lancasterfordshire, or oxford or something?

one is for the Beauty pageants, the other, working type

Two different standards are recognised by the Poultry Club of Great Britain: Carlisle Old English Game and Oxford Old English Game

don't the Englanders have their own line/type, lancasterfordshire, or oxford or something?

one is for the Beauty pageants, the other, working type
In England have Oxford Gamefowl which tend to be closer to American game and then have carsilse gamefowl which tend to be quite bulky small birds with small tails and tight feathering, the carsilse were the more shown birds. However I prefer the American game type as they have much larger tail and are more impressive in my opinion as even the Oxford game are still relatively heavy set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom