Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've caught my share of them
They get big here too without any enhancements, just takes longer. You frogs have close to four more months of growing season per year and likely still feed on warm sunny days in winter.
We really haven't had a good freeze here in a couple years.

I dont like chassing birds around.

As for the wire it never crossed my mind but its removable.
Gotcha. I don't chase em around. They get used to you after awhile and can have em eating out of your hand in no time. The ones that remain skittish need culling so it's no big deal. Less feed too they eat bugs, grass etc.. and end up generally in better overall shape. To each their own. I raise enough it's not really a problem if I lose a few to predators either.

Main reason was to separate em and to have pens for later on for ones i will keep but i understand where you are coming from.

And yeah im nowhere near as big of an opperation as most keeping things small for now so i have time to focus on what i got.

Last edited:
Could anyone be able to tell me what game fowl breed this rooster resembles? I didn't buy him for breeding to sell but I've had several people ask what breed he is

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-03-10-17-11.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-03-10-17-11.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
Looks to have oriental in it. Who ever you got it off of should be able to tell you?

Other than that i cant be much help to know what exactly is in the bird. Maybe someone else here knows more bout such crosses and can help you more. Then again this site wont let me see a bigger picture once i click it so i ccould be way off as i cant make it larger at the moment on my phone.

Last edited:
Could anyone be able to tell me what game fowl breed this rooster resembles? I didn't buy him for breeding to sell but I've had several people ask what breed he is
I would guess American Game of some sort... Dark legs and hackle, looks like a Hatch kind of. Leiper hatch maybe, Jap mixed with Hatch maybe... only the breeeder would know for sure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom