Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not tried it with flighty birds as they do not last that long... They generally tug a little, but I haven't had any go nuts. Some just stand there at the end of the cord. I generally give them some scratch or something just to keep them busy and let them know it is okay. To each their own.
Ive tried too and it depends on the bird from what I experience. The ones that are easy to handle (not scared of humans) tend to do well because they arent trying to get away from you.

Anxious stags that are wild don't do well, They try to fly away from me or run to the end of the cord. ... Or if I leave then they want to chase my free range hens and end up yanking their legs again.

Ulitimately time will settle them down... and I think if you already have cocks on cords, the stags learn how to behave on cords just from "watching" their peers/elders.

Last edited:
is there a technique to getting stags used to being on a cord? do games get used to being on a cord quickly? I had a non game cockerel i tried putting on a cord a couple years ago and he was not having it, pulled and jumped so much I thought he was going to hurt himself.
When I put a bird on a cord I keep ahold of the cord for a little bit and tug back on it some so he can feel it and know there is resistance. I only use them temporarily but I’ve never had a bird go nuts. Like was already said flighty, nervous crazy stags and especially hens are the first to get culled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom