Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatched this weekend
missed this post what are they

Well I ended up with a total of 12 out of 18 had to remove all from mama she was being mean to them, pecking really hard and scratching on them all in a brooder and doing great

I acquired some eggs for Warhorse American Gamefowl. Normally I have no interest in American Games but my neighborhood (I'm in town) is plagued by a lady with about 20 cats. I cannot let my hens out for fear of predation. I was thinking I may hatch these eggs and keep a Warhorse rooster. Would they be okay for flock protection from cats? Dogs are not a problem.

I think it would depend on the individual bird and the cat. I have some regular hens that will flog the crap out of a cat.
I would say you would be better off killing any cat that bothers the chickens though. That's foolproof. I have a bunch of cats that hang around my house, mostly farm cats. They kill moles so I let em stay. I have never had a problem with any cats except when chicks are young they can get mistaken for songbirds. I watch over them closely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom