Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
whos ready for breeding season anyone have any plans or projects or crosses this year they are looking foward to
I'm ready, hens just started laying and hopefully they'll start setting soon. I'm really focused on my
Leiper gamefowl this year. I have a couple of different bloodlines that I'm happy with and I will be infusing together. Looking forward too see the results of this years matings.

well ill be working on my green legged hatch and my kelso i have a few others but these to are going to be what im really looking foward to i also have my grey cock over a brown red hen

whos ready for breeding season anyone have any plans or projects or crosses this year they are looking foward to

I most certainly am ready. I have a strain to resurrect from only 3 hens, a cock and a stag. One of the hens is mother to other and the stag. Project this year will involve crosses that avoid inbreeding to set up some line-bred lines starting 2013.

Last edited:
I'm going to breed my black game/mix rooster with a brown game hen mix. I can't wait to see their results :)

this guy is part game part barred rock we call him stripes

You've got some nice games but I gotta say, there's no way that bird there is part/half Barred Rock. If he is, it is at least 2 generations back. Crossing any Game with a pure Barred Rock will make for offspring with no orange coloration at all in their secondary feathers (triangular part of the wing there) plus the bird would be much beefier looking. Second generation back to a game though and sure, I can see him being that. But not half and half.

The birds on this thread are exactly what I am looking for. These are some really beautiful birds. Maybe someone here could fix me up with some if they are not priced too high. If not what about some eggs? And just so you know I do not or will not fight any birds, I just enjoy raising them and keeping the breed alive. If anyone can help let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom