Show Off Your Biggest Thanksgiving Turkey!! (Graphic Pics)

8 months. We also free range our turkeys.
Ours just have a large coop, & run.
1122191225.jpg

You guys are inspiring me to raise a turkey for next year's feast!! I had no idea they got so big!!

Do they eat all flock and free range all day? What is the secret??
I grew mine with Purina Flock Raiser with 5 grain scratch feed, with limited corn. I also added 24% chick starter grower feed for 4 months before slaughter for extra meat building.

You know , I was really shocked it didnt tip over !! :gig
FYI they make a beer can holder for that, mines from the dollar store.
image.jpg

That’s weird that your guys were tough and dry, how do you cook them? How do you kill them?
I’ve never ever had a tough one, even my four year old hen. They free range when possible, otherwise they’re on flock raiser, and they’re butchered at 5 months to a year depending on how much I’ve got going on!
I shoot them more or less separately and if I notice the survivors getting stressed, I let them settle down for a few hours, killing an upset bird (or any animal) is a sure way to get tough meat.
If they’re roasted it’s low and slow, but mostly I skin and quarter them for easier packing and cooking. I love slicing a breast into 1” thick steaks, give em a few minutes on the bbq, they’re still just barely pink inside and dripping with juice ...soooo good!

Back
Top Bottom