Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

At least one of my boys is smart enough to cool off in the water.
lol.png

31282_7-20-11blairboys014.jpg

Quote:
Wow, that is some luck... well, you should have your pic at the perfect male. LOL

I have some "half" Delaware girls, though.
lol.png
I have some crosses growing out, that would have been nice if THEY were male, as they will be for processing.
4.gif

I'm selling all the girls from my crosses. They such pretty birds and I know they'll be awesome layers like their moms. So much friendlier than usual production reds everyone has too.
Still have to find somebody to process the roos- I really want to get to that point but nobody does poultry here.
sad.png

I have learned SOOO much the last few days as to what I am supposed to be looking for in my Delaware Roosters. Thank you to everyone who has helped me open my eyes. I still need to look over all of my roosters, but I now know that number 28 isn't my best rooster (as I had indicated in one of my previous videos). This one is the best of the ones I have been scrutinizing the last couple of days...I still have to go through the rest of them and take notes. (They are 14 weeks old, so there will still be a lot of changes ahead)

Quote:
Mine are a couple weeks older than yours, and I STILL can not pick out the best boy. Wait til 20 weeks and you will be surprised. I love the "paint job" on the pullets. But, I think my pullets are small for their age.
idunno.gif
I will wait it out and see how it goes.

OH, and I heard the first crowing attempt from their pen this morning!
lau.gif

Quote:
Mine are a couple weeks older than yours, and I STILL can not pick out the best boy. Wait til 20 weeks and you will be surprised. I love the "paint job" on the pullets. But, I think my pullets are small for their age.
idunno.gif

lau.gif

Oh, I haven't made the final decision...at this point I am trying to learn what I am supposed to be looking for. I was telling Walt that I feel like the SOP is in a different language a lot of the time because I don't understand the terminology. It makes it so much nicer for someone to explain why you don't want a pinched tail rather than just saying pinched tails aren't good.

Mine started attempting to crow at 9 weeks old believe it or not. I am greeted with crowing each morning!

Quote:
idunno.gif

lau.gif

Oh, I haven't made the final decision...at this point I am trying to learn what I am supposed to be looking for. I was telling Walt that I feel like the SOP is in a different language a lot of the time because I don't understand the terminology. It makes it so much nicer for someone to explain why you don't want a pinched tail rather than just saying pinched tails aren't good.

Mine started attempting to crow at 9 weeks old believe it or not. I am greeted with crowing each morning!

The SOP is a technical manual in some ways and not geared toward a beginner. It does make more sense if one reads pages 1-40. Lots of folks don't bother to do that....they just go to the section on their breed. Pages 14-22 are probably the most important pages in the book.

Walt

Back
Top Bottom