Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Except for the red streaks on this boy of mine, he'd pass for pure Delaware rather than just half, I think. Wonder if you could pair him with some good Dellie hens and eliminate the red (in future chicks, not him, of course)? He has a fine head on him, good hackles, bright yellow legs like his sire, Isaac.

Last edited:
So glad I finally figured out what breed I have!
yippiechickie.gif

Here are some pics of my babies, just 16 weeks old.

the girls love these feeders I made, although admittedly they do make a bit of a mess still
tongue.gif
. Both last a total of two to three days without refilling.

Here they are using the dust box (small animal cage bottom pan)

So glad I finally figured out what breed I have!
yippiechickie.gif

Here are some pics of my babies, just 16 weeks old.

the girls love these feeders I made, although admittedly they do make a bit of a mess still
tongue.gif
. Both last a total of two to three days without refilling.

Here they are using the dust box (small animal cage bottom pan)
Well I think you right - looks like dels.
great Del pics at Del club link bottom of my post. and
welcome-byc.gif

I'm looking for Delaware and Rhode island eggs to put in my incubator in February. Anyone have any near me in Yakima WA. 98902. I go to Idaho and to Oregon also. I am needing around (120) eggs.

hey, here are Serena and Gabriel, who are 20 weeks old now. Serena is close to laying. She has too many points on her comb, no idea why that happened, but she's turning out to be so pretty. She's a little spitfire, though! Gabriel is the spitting image of Isaac at that age except he's a tad less bulky, if I remember. Need to get a photo comparison side by side at the same age.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom