Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Has anyone here with Delawares noticed their birds making weird non-chicken noises? Almost alien or dinosaur type noises? Ill try to get a recording of it sometime, but just wondering. None of my non-Dels make these types of noises.

Has anyone here with Delawares noticed their birds making weird non-chicken noises? Almost alien or dinosaur type noises? Ill try to get a recording of it sometime, but just wondering. None of my non-Dels make these types of noises.

No but my Cream legbars sure do

The Dels as chicks bit like dinosaurs though

Yeah, both my males and females make weird noises. I sort of feel like I'm Siygourney Weaver in the movie Aliens when I let them out of the barn. Those sort of noises. And some of my 20 week old ladies still bite/peck me too. Not maliciously, just aggressively up in my space.

Hi Maeschak, I think I know what you're talking about. My neighbor has game chickens, other neighbor has a mixed flock. All I hear from them is clucking, squawking, and crowing. But my five Dels? If it's not "gruuuuuUUUUUUHHH" it's "UCK UCK UCK UCK UCK" and "errrrrrgh ERRRGH". I have one Brown Leghorn with them, she clucks on her own but if the others are screaming she'll join in too.
barnie.gif
It sounds like Jurassic Park!

Also it's LOUD. Did I mention loud?

Last edited:
We got these two Delawares in early October 2016. They are 16 weeks old. Would appreciate your comments on color, size, and shape. Looking to improve this line towards standard so would appreciate the truth.

Thanks in advance.

We got these two Delawares in early October 2016. They are 16 weeks old. Would appreciate your comments on color, size, and shape. Looking to improve this line towards standard so would appreciate the truth.

Thanks in advance.

I can't speak to SOP, but I have hatched a lot of Delawares recently (well, maybe 50 or so?) and these guys all look a lot like mine... Nice to just have around.
I am pretty sure that in the cockerel you are looking for a fuller/deeper breast and the tail should be angled differently. (See pictures from prior poster's link).

For me, I cannot seem to hatch a Del cockerel with a deep breast yet- mine are very wide from shoulder to shoulder but not deep at all (they are flat). But perhaps the deepness needs more time than I give my guys. Also, I have not yet been able to get a good tail in terms of angle or feather look. I have one cockerel who has a pretty good angle on his tail, but he has SICKLE tail feathers!

Back
Top Bottom