Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Awww, Thank you Ink! We gotta keep those babies hatchin' you know!
big_smile.png

I was reading about meat bird does not live long, they growth fast. Because the Delawares were once used as meat purpose and they growth fast. I wonder how long the Delaware live to. I am new to chicken, I have 3 Delawares and I don't want to die early.
How long do the Delawares live (on average)?
thanks

Oh Pink! WOW!!!! I second the Best Mama award!! Glad to hear everyones hatching is goin well!!!
smile.png

Quote:
Delawares do not have the super fast grower tendencies as the Cornish X birds used in commercial houses. Delawares live a normal lifespan of anywhere from 5-10 yrs old. No need to worry about your Dellies!!!! They'll grow and thrive and live a good full life for ya
smile.png

Thanks everyone! It was a long day and night yesterday. I hope the excitement brought on by the weather is over.
We are up to 11 babies now and 2 more that have pipped are still working things out in there. One little baby pipped at the wrong end.....I think that was totally my fault too. Couple of those eggs were so round it was very hard to decide which end was up. Little "Wrong Way" hatched from one of those eggs and is resting and doing fine thus far, I didn't think that one was going to hatch, but it did, never ceases to amaze me.
smile.png
WooooooooHooooooT! I'm so happy! Thanks again Kathy!
hugs.gif

Pictures soon!

Guess who finally decided to come out and play today?! Well... kinda
roll.png
big_smile.png
(scuse all the stuff laying around... we're in the middle of construction, again!!!! )

Lil Lady!!
62442_picture_3831776.jpg

62442_picture_3831775.jpg

Back
Top Bottom