Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
She is actually hatchery stock. We went to the feed store to pick up feed and just had to get one of the little Delaware chicks, they were just to adorable to pass up. I believe the feed store gets its chicks from Privett Hatchery.

So do you think she is worth taking with us to the next show?

Just wanted to add that I love to hear that she comes from hatchery. She is a VERY nice specimen, and I would show her in a heartbeat....

can't you wait to show her and win against a breeder!!!!???!!! They'll say "who's line do you have?" and you say Privett Hatchery!!!! LOL!!!

That is awesome! I'm glad to see a hatchery Del that looks as good as most breeder birds, better than many! I have my issues with Privett for their mislabeling of EEs, but if they are producing Dels like Alice, kudos to them!

Good luck with the show - I think she is outstanding! Where do you live? Are you close enough I can just sort of stroll over and get her????
gig.gif

BTW, I just went to Privett to look - you lucked out. She is better than the Dels they picture. PLUS they call the color pattern COLUMBIAN....big no-no.

Last edited:
Ok I am late on this - but congrats everyone! Such cute little babies - it gives me the "itch" to try this hatching thing myself! Yikes. Love to see pics of course as they all grow up. Course you know if i ever do hatch i will be a nervous wreck and counting on you folks to give advice!!!!!!

Inkheart, everyone will be with you, believe me. With popcorn and coffee!

Reminder of a Delaware Club meeting tomorrow night, Tuesday, October 26 at 9:00 EST. Pm me or any other member for site and password info!

Sorry I wasn't here to check in......major power outage yesterday that started at 1pm and went on into the night around 3am. I am bushed.

This was the scenario:

Power went out.
Put hatched babies in the big incubator from brooder.
Filled as many water bottles as I could with the hottest water I could get and put bottles in bators.
Wrapped all bators in blankets and towels, being sure not to cover air exchange holes.
Freaked out because it was very chilly in the house. (DH built a nice toasty fire)
Put huge pot of water on woodstove for continued supply of hot water.
Refilled hot water bottles as often as needed if temp in bators dropped below 90.The lowest they dropped was to about 84, THANK GOODNESS.
I think the last time I filled and replaced water bottles was about 130 then I decided I just couldn't take it anymore, sought out the couch and hit it til power came back on and scared the you know what out of me.

During the outage we had 9 babies hatch. The current count of Delawares is at 8 beautiful little healthy and very friendly fuzzy butts. Every one of them broke out of their shells nice and clean, feet & legs are perfect.
smile.png

1 Welsummer, 2 olive eggers. 4 more Dellies have pipped and still working on zip. Haven't seen any movement in the rest of the Del eggs.
The day is young and hopefully we don't have another power outage. Raining and windy like crazy here.

Congrats Kathy! That is great! They are wonderful!
smile.png
love.gif

Thanks Tacey!
smile.png

adub~ She is a lovely pullet!
clap.gif

Thanks Ink! Music to my ears that you have the hatching itch! You will do a great job I am sure!

Pictures of babies after camera batteries charge.

Ok Pink - you clearly win Mom of the year award - that sounds draining and stressful. I am glad that everyone seems to have made it thru ...that is jsut crazy!
Yah i have the itch and i do need a rooster - but i think its best put off till spring . We get some pretty bad winters here ....

Back
Top Bottom