Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
Pink dear, just where the heck in Washington State do you live? We're over here near Spokane. The rain has been hitting us for two days now [a rarity at any time of the year] along with a stiffening of the breeze. My mother lives on the bluff overlooking Tacoma and Commencement Bay and I guess things got a bit wild and woolly there too over the weekend. I'm just curious as to where abouts you live. Congrats on all the new babies and for successfully outwitting Mother Nature and the power company!! Ya just can't win against an impending new Del Mommy!!!
lol.png

Adub, I think your little Del girl is as close to perfection as I've ever seen here. She's a knock out! And this from a hatchery!?!! Who would have thunk it!?!
lol.png
I like the name Alice too. I've had an Alice in my flock before. Long since gone, but she was as sweet as her name. I hope you do well in the show next month! Be sure to post lots of pics of you and Alice holding up the big ribbon for Best In Show!!!
ya.gif

Hi Everyone! Thank you all for your kind words and all of your encouragement with the hatch. Weather has been very iffy today but thankfully has not gone out. I am pleased to announce that I am the proud mamma of 13 new Delawares and #14 is almost here (#14 should be here very shortly
ya.gif
) I haven't seen any more movement, but, I said that before and look.....#14 totally took me by surprise. Everyone is doing great. I still have other babies hatching as well.....man this has been a long couple of days. Thanks again you guys and gals are AWESOME!

Here a couple photos of some of them. Already they have stolen my heart.
love.gif

11170_imgp9886.jpg

11170_imgp9893.jpg

11170_imgp9881.jpg

11170_imgp9875.jpg

That 3rd pic, they're all standing there saying HI MOOOOOOOOM!! HOLD ME LOVE ME HOLD ME!!!
gig.gif

Too cute!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Congrats on an awesome hatch Pink!!!
thumbsup.gif
celebrate.gif

14 is a good number to start with, Kim! My first Delaware hatch was Nov 4 (or 7th) 2009, and I hatched 13. My original Dels !
love.gif
You will be amazed at the difference in Delawares vs other chicks. Have you noticed yet, that they do not "scatter," when you put your hand in the brooder? Oh no .... they want to jump up on your hand! I brooded mine in my (heated) attached garage in a huge area (like 8' x 8'), and I would go sit inside and visit with them. They would crawl all over me! Ohhhhh, such fond memories of that hatch!

Have fun, Kim! You and your husband are gonna love them!

Quote:
Kathy!
Hope you have survived the high winds and storms that - thank you very much- you are sending my way today! We are expecting gusts of 50-60 mph! Heres hoping the girls are wise enough to go in the barn! Else i will be chasing Dels in the air!

Pink those babies are soooo cute - the one pic is great - like we are ready for our closeup mom! And yes last night spent an hour reading about incubating and hatching eggs - itch itch. LOL

Hi Everyone. Can some of you point me in the direction of some breeders of a good Heritage line? I'm wanting to get some chicks or eggs.

img1098z.jpg

This girl jumped out at me today. Her tail's all wet, but she has a nice paint job. Wish she wasn't so waspy. I really need to get some more robust hens.

First snow last night. The Dels aren't very amused.

Back
Top Bottom