Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Cynthia, it's good to know that you went through that many looking for Ike- makes me feel better about culling in general.

Scott- prayers for you - but I might keep praying you find something where you don't have to make a drastic move!

My babies were not so excited to see me this morning- I think they thought I was going to make them go outside again- with temps in the upper 40's today and tomorrow, hopefully by Wednesday afternoon I will be able to have more bare ground and can coax them out with treats. One thing I have noticed - they need to develop some leg muscle and more balance. Due to the weather, they were in the brooder about a month longer than I had planned, and didn't really have room to run and jump. I am noticing that if I place one on the roost (4" wide) they still have problems balancing, and are afraid to get down by themselves. I don't think it is anything except lack of exercise space, so am not worried. I just want the snow to melt so they can run all over.

Quote:
Beth

THANKS!! This suthen' boy ain't movin' nowhere!, (unless its the last possible opportunity). This job would be one that I could perform from my home office! Would require a lot of travel, but I'm used to that and the ATL airport is only about a 1 hr drive from the house. Company is well funded and trades on the Chinese stock market (whatever that's called) so hopefully they have some "staying power" in a down economy

Quote:
Claudia, Your Delaware are beautiful! Yes you did a fantastic job culling. And I have to tell you again that your Blue Silkies are absolutely stunning. I love those little fuzzy butts!

Quote:
Claudia, Your Delaware are beautiful! Yes you did a fantastic job culling. And I have to tell you again that your Blue Silkies are absolutely stunning. I love those little fuzzy butts!

Oh thank you for your compliment on the Delawares and the update on the Silkies are ALWAYS welcomed!

Just to let you know out of 24 eggs in the incubator only 4 were clear and it's day 11.
big_smile.png

Three more delawares, and a black rock, have hatched here lol from near frozen eggs, I found 12 eggs frozen, several were frozen so solid they'd cracked, the other 8 were apparently intact if ice cold. I stuck them on the counter and let them warm, then stuck them in the incubator - what the heck. Of those eight, four quit or didn't go, and four went. And all four hatched this weekend, after a power outtage that dropped the egg temp to 74 degrees, evidently this batch likes the cold. They are Pop, Ice, Cube and Fudge
smile.png
Two little all yellow delies, one with the black stripe, and the black rock baby - fudge.

So much for the Rules. What hatches, hatches. Chuckle.

Cher, that is incredible- I think you should ship those Dels off to Joanne in Wisconsin, she needs birds that like the cold! Congratulations! And great names. . . .
lol.png

Well, we just got back from Stockton chicken show last night. It was so fun, 2400 birds there. But not a single Delaware! I was really hoping to find someone with some. Anyway, it has made me even more determined to find some and help promote this wonderful breed. I even had a chance to talk to several judges. One ofthe judges said that he doesn't know anyone that has them, but saw a single hen at a show last year in Minasotta. He said she was beautiful too. A very good hen. So I am still looking. Talk to you all later~ Tacey

Allaboutdemchicks- Beautiful Deliwares, where did you get your stock from?
yardfull o rocks- I hope your travels to So CA are fun.

Back
Top Bottom