Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Thanks Wynette. You all, lets all agree to disagree and continue our usual enjoyment of our wonderful birds.

On to something more lighthearted. You all have heard me moaning about my Red who is a bit ...... aggressive. I watched him dance, and then give grapes to the girls instead of eating them himself yesterday. Now I think he may have earned himself a few more days as head roo. Ellis, my Del roo is dancing too. And just yesterday, they teamed up to bring the girls in at night. I just love to watch them take care of their girls together.

(Way to change the subject eh?)

Quote:
Kathy you watch yourself with Red...he may be starting to take care of his girls but he has still not proven to you that he is trustworthy. I love to see two boys working together, I had that with Thor and Severus before Thor passed away. I did not realize how important it was until Thor was gone...I still feel like my flock is not protected and being looked after properly. A good roo makes all the difference in the world and 2 working together is a true blessing.

Now...we need pics. You know this, 50 lashes with a wet noodle for you.
lol.png

Chks- I agree. Keep your eye on Red. My Luke and I have come to an understanding, but I still have to watch him- he and Ultrasuede are a good team, but every once in a while I get bitten and Luke and I have to have a little stroll around the run together. I hope Red is mellowing, though. It is nice to have a little more muscle protecting your girls.

Sadly, I have decided to let my Dels go. I may keep one pair around, because I really like them, but I need the pen space and they lost the coin toss. But I do enjoy seeing the photos, hearing the stories, and reading the discussions on this thread. Let's keep it on track.
thumbsup.gif

Folks, this has undergone massive clean-up.

There's lots of good information here - please keep this thread going in a helpful and courteous manner, and it will remain on the forum.

If things begin to take a turn for the worse, the report button is your friend.

Another outbreak like the last one will result in this thread being permanently closed.

Thank you, Wynette.

Mrs AK- I am so sorry you are letting your Dels go- are you overflowing with those pretty blue Orps of yours?

HappyMtn- keep us posted on those babies. I am really enjoying my three Del crosses. Should I call them my three little boo-boos? Two of them definitely have the Del personality, and will jump up and roost on my arm or leg.

Any opinions as to whether I will be able to tell if my littel Del chick Emma is a he or she by this Saturday? The chicks will be 4 weeks old at that point- I can already see little combs on the two Orp/Del cross boys.

Quote:
Please understand it is not our desire to close this thread, however, each and every participant needs to think before they post:

1) Is it kind?

2) Is it helpful?

3) Is it worthwhile?

Keep those three things in mind and the thread remains open. It's all up to you.

Back
Top Bottom