Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
frow.gif
Hello!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
She has some very good roosters. If they are anything like hers, you would never have any trouble selling the extras.

Walt

Kathy's Oliver is a very handsome boy - she has a great eye!

Well, thank you all very much! I am still working on the barn, and hope to be painting it in the next generation.

I am starting with a new line of Delawares. Trying to decide between Claudia (allaboutdemchickens) and Paul Harter.

Who's line would you recommend the most? As for the SOP.

Last edited:
Sorry Nick, I'm hatching for myself at the present. No eggs available.

Meanwhile, watch that under color on your pullets. Here is an example of a cull hen vs. a breeder hen.

15761_delhens.jpg

And, I'm still using that same 'ol cock bird this year. His sickle feathers are white after all those molts, otherwise, I don't complain too much.

15761_delcockbird.jpg

Hoping to hatch something to take to Crossroads. I'm getting comfortable exhibiting the bantams and I'm going to give it a whirl with the largefowl. (depending on how well they look in Oct.)

I can only speak for my line of Delawares.

This is my third year of breeding these and I see that I have to give them plenty of time or I'll cull too early for this on the pullets. As young pullets, it is common for them to exhibit this...I have to wait until they are older pullets (around 7- 8 months) to begin culling for this defect.

Claudia

Here are my 2 Delawares (hatchery "pet quality") The first 2 are the smaller, whiter one and the second 2 are of the one that I thought was a boy for a while. Both are 6 weeks.

587_110506_dl_head.jpg

587_110506_dl_body.jpg

587_110506_dd_head.jpg

587_110506_dd_body.jpg

Back
Top Bottom