Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
OHHH NOOO! They STOLE some of your birds? The nerve of some people! I am so sorry to hear that.

Thanks again for meeting us. We are enjoying them so much. they are such characters!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm curious, how exactly did they steal chickens and not be noticed?.. pens far from the house, you were gone away?.. and what all did they take?..

Quote:
We were sound asleep. Dogs asleep in the house, everything shut for the night. Some of the coops are in the pasture (600yds or more from the house) and one they took silkies from was bout 100yds from the house. The chickens were stolen sometime between 1am and 7am.

Silkies, Delawares, EE's, Speckled Sussex.... They picked and chose the birds, as they stole em. Friday night they stole birds from 3 different coops.

Quote:
WOW... from what you're describing, it sure sounds like it would be someone who knows your place well enough to know what is where..and a little about chickens, if they "picked and choose" what they took. I hope you find out who and manage to get your birds returned. Very sorry to hear that some people think it's "ok" to take from others. Stunning!!!

Quote:
WOW... from what you're describing, it sure sounds like it would be someone who knows your place well enough to know what is where..and a little about chickens, if they "picked and choose" what they took. I hope you find out who and manage to get your birds returned. Very sorry to hear that some people think it's "ok" to take from others. Stunning!!!

Thanks BT... The picking and choosing is what worries me.

I want my Del hen back
sad.png
She was finally getting her tail feathers back and I had planned on getting her penned w/the Del roo of the same line to try for some fall chicks..
barnie.gif

Nicole, please let me know if you want some eggs once I figure out who to pair who up with. I will probably post pictures of them all and ask the nice folks here their opinion on the matter. I still can't believe someone had the nerve to do that!
somad.gif
rant.gif

Hey, I'm fashionably late to the party once again!
hmm.png
Nicole, I sure hope you find the thieves who took your birds! Ya know, in the old west, they hung people for stealing horses and cattle. I think it's high time we brought back such practices and include chicken swiping in the list of hangable offenses! I hate thieves!
not-tagged-smiley-4027.gif

Let me tell y'all a little bit about Kathy's Floozy girl! Not only is she a consummate escape artist, but she's a darn good teacher of the art form as well!
not-tagged-smiley-10238.gif
She taught my Maggie and Cosette all they ever needed to know about escaping approved chicken areas and instigate their own appointed free range times!
barnie.gif
I'm sure that while Maggie and Cosette were still with Kathy, they were respectable, well behaved little ladies. But just a few days in close proximity to Floozy and all of that went flying out the window!

I thank heavens that the rest of my girls are completely content to stay in their yard until I decide it's safe to free range. So far, they haven't followed Maggie and Cosette's lead. Probably because they just ain't as smart as those two!
4.gif
Though more than a few are starting to pay close attention each time Cosette slips through the field fencing!
hmm.png
I swear, I'm gonna tie a bowling ball to her leg! Let's see her drag that through the fence line!
happy-smiley-643.gif

Quote:

Thanks BT... The picking and choosing is what worries me.

I want my Del hen back
sad.png
She was finally getting her tail feathers back and I had planned on getting her penned w/the Del roo of the same line to try for some fall chicks..
barnie.gif

We had a similar situation right after a poultry person from the coast came to see our birds. They knew what they where after, came prepared, and only took the best stock. Wiped out several breeding projects in one fell swoop.

Back
Top Bottom