Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Question from a newbie. Can you tell if the tail feathers will be pinched as soon as they come in at a few weeks or will the shape change as the chicken gets older? I have 2 three week old pullets that have nice triangular shaped tail feathers. Will they stay that way or change as they mature?

Last edited:
Chickenhawk- YES!!! He is a keeper, nice body! Thank you for posting those pics.

oneofseven, they can change. At least in my experience - but stay hopeful, yours may keep that open tail.

Anyone have an idea on my previous question? Do the tail feather positions change as the chickens get older? My 3 week old pullets have a nice triangle shape with the tail feathers. Can you tell at that age how they will look as adults?

Last edited:
Here is Fatboy, top candidate to replace my Alexander as the roo for my hen line:
27529_buns_nh_and_projects_october_014.jpg

Its not the best picture, he was in my face most of the time.

Tim, I would love more pics of yours.

I wanted to post my dellys to see if I can get an idea who are boys and girls. I think I know for sure and then I am not so sure anymore. Lol. Also any critiques would be great too. They are 7 weeks right now.

Bird 1

77863_pic_0993.jpg

Bird 2

77863_pic_0991.jpg

Birds 3 and 4

77863_pic_0990.jpg

Bird 5

77863_pic_0989.jpg

Bird 6

77863_pic_0986.jpg

and bird 7

77863_pic_0984.jpg

Any thoughts would be great. These are my Braden line birds really liking their looks and personality but I need to start thinking about who is staying and going. I am thinking there are 2 girls and 5 boys but still not totally sure.

Thanks
Lily

Back
Top Bottom