Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Just an updated picture of my rooster, he is almost 5 months now, what do you think, we think he is comming along great, where you at Beth:
61634_000073.jpg
61634_000074.jpg

Last edited:
This little guy is 3 weeks old today. You can see how obvious the sex is already. When his broody mama lets him go, he'll need a new home since I won't be keeping Delawares for now. He's super independent, smart and completely unafraid of us, as with most Dellie kids. Just look at that perfect little comb!

DSCN3931.jpg

DSCN3949.jpg

DSCN3938.jpg

DSCN3943.jpg

Rebel, I love your roo, he has that nice bowl underline!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
He looks like a keeper!

Yah, Kathy was at Nationals too, and could have told you everything! Besides the fact that Kathy is a lovely lady, her daughter is a doll, her Easter Egger tag along, Carmen, is a hoot, I can tell you that my pullet Tilda Swinton took first place pullet and Best of Breed and my pullet Maggie Gillenhall took second and Reserve Best of Breed. DON'T get excited, folks, there were only three Dels there.
gig.gif

There were 5 Delawares in the youth section and about 15 Bantam Dels, that were absolutely glorious little things. I wish my LF had the bodies and colors those bantams had- will post some pics tonight after I download - too pooped out to unpack totally, and have to work today.

BUT, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart - get those Dels out there and show them. Honest, this was my first show, and I really only took them to swell the numbers and promote the breed, but it was great fun, and having the birds there created some interest.

Quote:
celebrate.gif
I want to see pictures! And I think that you are being humble. I have a very limited understanding of shows, but I'm fairly certain that birds are judged against the standard - not each other. So, even though there were only 3 Dels, yours must have deserved their wins!

Congrats,
Kim

Hi,

I really like my Delawares. They were one of the first chickens that I bought. I had a strange thing happen. One hen hatched 2 eggs--wonder she could do that as she and another hen kept "fighting" over who was going to set the eggs.

Anyway, the two chicks both were cockerels. One very obviously a Delaware the other, size wise the same except he is all White! No color at all on him.

I thought both would be crosses as I did not think that my cockerel Delaware was old enough to do the deed. Even so, of the other roosters that I had at the time, none were white.

Thoughts or explanations welcome.
Susan

Quote:
celebrate.gif
I want to see pictures! And I think that you are being humble. I have a very limited understanding of shows, but I'm fairly certain that birds are judged against the standard - not each other. So, even though there were only 3 Dels, yours must have deserved their wins!

Congrats,
Kim

i agree, and am glad i got my hatching eggs from her. congrats on the win for the delaware breed.

Thanks, you guys are being sweet- and I will put on pictures. Just wait till you see the bantam Dels, though. They make me drool!

Susanbird-how old are these chicks now? And what are your other roosters? I had a Del chick that had no color until about 4, maybe 5 or 6 weeks old, I would have to check my records. He now has color.

Quote:
I'll go out and get pics. They are probably 7-8 months now. At the time they were hatched the roos were of unknown breed. I suppose they could have had white in their background. I no longer have them. Anyway, I will go get pics now and be back in a few.

Quote:
I'll go out and get pics. They are probably 7-8 months now. At the time they were hatched the roos were of unknown breed. I suppose they could have had white in their background. I no longer have them. Anyway, I will go get pics now and be back in a few.

So much for that Idea, my camera's battery needs recharging so it will be a while. Susan

Back
Top Bottom