Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Um Um Um, That is one handsome boy. Hope I can find one like him in the eggs you sent. The pullets should all be swooning.
D.gif

I hope you do, too! I really really really hope so!
fl.gif

I got my first two eggs today from the 2 Delaware girls I got from Mrs. Kathy in Nov.. They were hatched around Sept.? I believe, so they're just about right on for the more heritage types to begin laying. I'm so surprised they both layed at the same time, I've been hearing them singing and carrying on here for the past week or so, they are both very vocal. Mrs. Kathy there's one of them that just has to be Floozies offspring, shes a cutter and actually a little pesky sometimes LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
Kathy those are the best looking Delawares I've seen. I do consider them Delawares as they were created the same way as the originals. Who knows what "purebred" Delawares have been diluted with. The common Delaware rooster is too long legged with a great big comb that screams "Leghorn" to me.

Thanks for your hard work. If you someday want to offer eggs from these please let me know.

Quote:
I got my first two eggs today from the 2 Delaware girls I got from Mrs. Kathy in Nov.. They were hatched around Sept.? I believe, so they're just about right on for the more heritage types to begin laying. I'm so surprised they both layed at the same time, I've been hearing them singing and carrying on here for the past week or so, they are both very vocal. Mrs. Kathy there's one of them that just has to be Floozies offspring, shes a cutter and actually a little pesky sometimes LOL

Jeff

YAY ! ! Eggs, finally! What we are always waiting for! I do hope they are Floozy's kids. She was a good ol' hen.

Quote:
Kathy those are the best looking Delawares I've seen. I do consider them Delawares as they were created the same way as the originals. Who knows what "purebred" Delawares have been diluted with. The common Delaware rooster is too long legged with a great big comb that screams "Leghorn" to me.

Thanks for your hard work. If you someday want to offer eggs from these please let me know.

I do hope to have some, and I sure do want to share them. It may be wishful thinking, but I am sure hopeful that they will turn out half way decent.
fl.gif

NM: I'm going to let this thread stay on topic. Sorry for the interruption.

K

Last edited:

Having an interest in Delawares I've been monitoring this thread for awhile, those are great looking birds Kathy, since there are 100+ posts here can you give a short discription of what your breeding has been to this point of your F2s ? or point me to the posts where it was previously discussed?
thanks, and again,,great looking birds!

Back
Top Bottom