Show off your Indian Runners!

Here I am, back from the stratosphere . . . .

By squatting, you mean belly on the ground, neck out, sometimes tail up, saying, "ah . ah . ah . ah." Like that? Mine started about 4 weeks before the first duck started to lay.
Must be a Runner thing, I've never seen my Muscovies do but I do have 4 EE's doing it right now
lol.png
Just started laying.

Here I am, back from the stratosphere . . . .

By squatting, you mean belly on the ground, neck out, sometimes tail up, saying, "ah . ah . ah . ah." Like that? Mine started about 4 weeks before the first duck started to lay.
Well, I didn't personally see it is the trouble, my mom did. She said she looked a lot like the chickens, hunkered down with her wings slightly out and her neck stretched out. She wasn't outside so she didn't hear any noises, but she said her bill was slightly open like she was panting, so she could have been making a noise...she said she was just walking along with Willow when she all of the sudden did it. Then she walked a little more and then did it again. Haven't seen her do it since. If it's the egg squat, I hope I get to see a couple this Fall!

Sounds like she is getting ready to lay. Start offering the free choice oyster shell, if you have not started yet.
Yay! I already have some out for the chickens and I'm putting out layer feed too, mixed with some Flock Raiser for extra protein. I'll be eggcited if I get to see a duck egg this fall!

Back
Top Bottom