Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I have a Silver Sebright, Stewart. We also have 11 Silkie/Sebright crosses that are absolutely adorable from Stewart and his Silkie mate. Thomas does have similar leg coloring to Stewart but he has a red stripe on the outside of each leg like my confirmed OEGB boys. Would hatcheries be welling whoopsie babies on these "Bantam Bins"?

Thomas is also A LOT larger and huskier than Stewart. He's a little power house of muscle too! Several of Stewart's sons are as big as Thomas though. I included a few pics of them also. They are all beautiful. Two of his five sons have inherited the hen feathering gene, all the rest have full on rooster feather traits. Interestingly all have moms five toes, beard, muff and crest. I'm getting a variety of rose, walnut and rose/walnut hybrid combs. I'm trying to find more Sebrights as I want Stewart to breed with a Silver Sebright girl but it's a real challenge.

Do big hatcheries have project birds? That thought also came to me that they were trying to get Silver Laced OEGB. I saw some on feathersite Inthink but didn't know if they were a recognized color.

Some interesting mixes! I hatched this one a while back, from a silver sebright egg, but apparently fathered by a Modern.
I gave him away with some other cockerels, but the new owner sent this pic to me.

I love my OEGB's!

Very cute!

Trying the sex my oegb but can't get them to stay still for a photo. Does anyone have any photos of sexed chicks around four weeks old that I can compare with please

Trying the sex my oegb but can't get them to stay still for a photo. Does anyone have any photos of sexed chicks around four weeks old that I can compare with please

Any idea on the color variety they are? For example, Silver duckwing females will show salmon color on their chests early, and males show black, so they are easier to tell apart.

Any idea on the color variety they are? For example, Silver duckwing females will show salmon color on their chests early, and males show black, so they are easier to tell apart.

That works with most duckiwings, but not with crow wings.

I can usually sex mine As early as 4 weeks by comb, but I've looked at a lot of them.

Hello everyone, my friend @RavynFallen sent me here. On Tuesday I took in a group of OEGBs that were dumped on the property across from a coworker's house. For being dumped they look to be in good shape, but they have scaly leg mites that I'm working on treating and one of the roosters has spurs that are about to grow back into his legs. I don't have good pictures yet (wanted to get some today but a Nor'easter came through and it was hard enough taking care of everyone in that without taking pictures) but I hope to get some tomorrow. I think what I have is two wheaten roosters, some wheaten and maybe blue wheaten hens, one that I think may be porcelain, and one that I have no clue on. I'm hoping you guys can help me identify them.

Back
Top Bottom