Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I got some new chicks today.

Pearl:

IMG_20180301_093843187.jpg

Spangled:

IMG_20180301_093717598.jpg

Campine pattern:

IMG_20180301_093820057.jpg

Red Quill:

IMG_20180301_093748930.jpg

Lovely!! :love
The Campine looks really cool!

I have my first set of eggs incubating, and 2 of 4 OEGB eggs have pipped! :yesss:

The picture of the Campine ones doesn't do them justice. Their markings are very crisp with beautiful contrast between the white and black. They are a variety created by Ideal Poultry. I knew I wanted a black and white barred variety and was going back and forth between barred and cuckoo and decided to try this instead. We'll see how they turn out!

chicks22718.JPG

I went to Orscheln's last week and look at what followed me home. Since Orscheln's get their chicks from Estes and Estes only hatches BBRs and SWDs, I'm hoping BBRs but heck, I'd be tickled pink if one turned out to be a SWD. They are growing like weeds and I don't care what the sexes are. I was thinking three cockerels and two pullets but one of the babies has actually darkened over the past 5 days so I'm thinking 2 pullets, 2 cockerel's and one big ? mark.

I have 4 eggs set to hatch in two weeks in my Brinsea. Mother's are two BBR hens and daddies are my BBR/Cochin/Whatever cross Amish roosters.

This thread is awesome, I love OEGBs! I bought seven crele chicks from cackle hatchery almost 8 years ago and hatched out 2 more, but I'm down to just 2 hens left now -I'm getting some more this spring, very excited!
Just hatchery stock, I know, but I just keep them as pets so I don't mind.
This is Pearl, about 7 years old,
Pearl.JPG

And Slate, who is about 8 years old
8EB2B314-D966-462E-B6A7-DC40D8B5A831.jpeg

This is the little rooster I kept, he died last year
138.JPG

oh man, i'm so glad i found this thread! after my family rescued some from a friend who couldn't care for them any more a few years ago OEGBs have been my favorite! they just have the Ideal Chicken Shape in my eyes. <3

this is our little blind hen, Melon. you can't see it in this pic but she's got a little floppy-over comb which is extra endearing
20180305_175231.jpg

and this is Rusty, the bravest of our three Tiny Men right now and also very handsam. you can see Whitey back there being nervous as well.
20180311_182620.jpg

and heres a pic of all three Tiny Men. from left to right is: Rusty, Pretty Boy, and Whitey.
20180320_114321.jpg

Back
Top Bottom