Show off your Peas!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Kedreeva, May 27, 2012.

1. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

2. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    Makara, Wellington, NZ
    I couldn't resist Little Yellow in the big old oak tree...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    Great pictures!

-Kathy

4. AnimalsRmyLife

AnimalsRmyLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2013
    Idaho
    Darling Little Yellow!!

5. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    She's beautiful.

6. MinxFox

MinxFox Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2010
    Pensacola, FL
    I second that. I love blackshoulder and blackshoulder spalding hens.

7. SunBaked

SunBaked Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    Southwest
    Here are a few of my babies. My pens aren't very pretty yet but hopefully they will look better when the new grape vines and stuff take off. Going to rig up something nicer looking than the tin sheets and pallets also to keep the dogs from bothering the birds through the fence.

Kumari, called Snow before settling on Kumari (means princess) Kumari
    and her partner in crime Just Jane.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Both of my silver pied's have yellow under their eyes. Is this a silver pied thing or are they spalding?
    Kalahari Sahara
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sahara, she gets picked on by the other peahens. Kalahari, she is the boss peahen.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sahara has a few cool looking lined feathers on her back. Kalahari has 3 pretty green neck feathers in a line on her neck.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kumar (means prince), I called him Arjuna before I settled on Kumar when he matured. He's come a long way since we all thought he was a girl because he took so long to get color.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Atticus, my first hand raised. He is 3 this year. Archie is not impressed.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

He loves to display even while eating and being petted. I love this picture. Looks like he is going to jump but he is
    just turning his tail.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Morrigan loves to be petted, she was tame when I got her. Malina
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Wow, so hard to decide what pictures to put up. I better stop now before I spam you guys with too many.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  8. AnimalsRmyLife

AnimalsRmyLife Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2013
    Idaho
    No worries, you're not spamming!! Your peas are beautiful! [​IMG]

9. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I agree with Animalsaremylife you aren't spamming and if you are i got ya beat by 600 plus spams. LOL
    beautiful peas.

10. BYC-user-174785

BYC-user-174785 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2012
    Great pictures everyone! I especially love your pen MinxFox with the grass. Some snow melted here, and the aviary is a mess as always. The mud is awful and the ducks don't help. The new peafowl flight pen hardly had grass, and the spots where the snow melted are a disaster too... And that is the pen where the white peacock is at. I hope he stays clean until going to a new home. I love him so much, and white peafowl in general, so he will be missed dearly. In that pen are my impeyans, since I did not want them puit in with my other pheasants when I got them, and they are beginning to show me how good they are at digging. What is even worse there display seems to involve digging. That is not going to help the grass situation! I did get two new peahens. My bronze progressive pied is looking nice. My late hatch cameo blackshoulder spalding peahen is turning white, but I was told that is related to cameo. If either one goes blind I will love them regardless. They look cool! I also did see my opal WE peacock display for once from a distance, and that was nice. My spalding has an awful train, and I am thinking he may have lice orm ites or something. I will have to be creative when taking picture to hide the flawed areas. I did post the last picture of my Temminck's Tragopan hen in the pheasant section today. She was found dead and scalped this morning. As said as it is, I am thinking the peafowl may have had something to do with it...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by