Show off your Peas!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by Kedreeva, May 27, 2012.

1. margaret8

margaret8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2013
    Edmond, Ok
    I met 3 of my peas out today! So far they are staying around the pen. When do you think I can let them all out togeather?

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I have ways let mine out togeather and have never had any problems even when i let all 40 babies out, yours are going to stay close to that pen weather you let them all out or just a few, it will take them a while to wander to far from what they feel is safe and that is their pen, turn them loose and keep and eye on them you will see what i am talking about, peanuts are a good way to teach them to come back to you.

3. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    First days out, some of them were only a few weeks old others were hitting 3 months, i have not lost a one. but them they have great guardians watching over them and me also.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. margaret8

Sep 5, 2013
    Edmond, Ok
    we don't have any dogs only guineas :)

5. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    • You can Shepherd them, make rounds a few times a day well outside the area they are ranging, make some noise sing holler just make yourself known, get some roman candles next time fireworks are on sale and blast the hidden areas a few times a week, i do this when my dogs are on alert in the daytime and not resting like they should be after a long night.

6. margaret8

Sep 5, 2013
    Edmond, Ok
    I won't scare the birds?

7. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    they will get use to it you don't fire them off where the peas are you go well beyond where they are, heck when a hawk comes over my area all my peas wait to see if i am coming with the bottle rockets to scare it away heck when we go on a walkabout with the peas and the dogs start running and barking the peas fly back to the safe area till they see the dogs come back, they learned pretty fast who is watching out for them.

8. margaret8

Sep 5, 2013
    Edmond, Ok
    I'll to wait until closer til July 4 to get the fireworks

9. zazouse

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Silly you can't buy them except certain holidays unless you know someone [​IMG] i have a distant neighbor that owns fireworks stand in Texas and Louisiana [​IMG], they call me the Hawk lady.

10. margaret8

Sep 5, 2013
    Edmond, Ok
    Oh

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by