Show off your Peas!

Here are the babies preening on the arm rest. Can you tell? I thought they were to young to sex.

Looks like a pair how old are they ? 7 weeks?

Yes ZAZ, you know your chicks! I was told they were a boy and girl from the color of there flight wings, one was muddy, the other orange. So I have 2 pair I can split up, since the two IB are siblings and the two split IBs are siblings as well. They stay with their siblings until night when they cuddle in a heap to sleep. It's so cute.

Last edited:
Picture please!
caf.gif

Here are a few shot at moving targets, not really what you need for your album. but most of my babies from this year. Well, the ones I haven't sold yet, some of these will not be sold as I have to see them feather out.

These are last weeks hatch being represented by all five breeding pens and one illusive black feather footed pea teacher.
The tri-colored ones on the left are from my Pied WE/ Silver Pied et al pen, also got a couple of Whites from the same pen.

These hatched out a few days efore the last batch and are from my IB pen. I suspect that the BS came from an egg that rolled under the pen divider. The Cameo is from an earlier hatch that was not keeping up so it went back with younger chicks.

These are between two and three weeks old, another mix of everything and my first Silver Pieds and one Spaulding split Pied from either my IBSP or Cameo SP.

Now the four or five week olds.

And the oldest ones, six and seven weeks old.

Here are a few shot at moving targets, not really what you need for your album. but most of my babies from this year. Well, the ones I haven't sold yet, some of these will not be sold as I have to see them feather out.

These are last weeks hatch being represented by all five breeding pens and one illusive black feather footed pea teacher.
The tri-colored ones on the left are from my Pied WE/ Silver Pied et al pen, also got a couple of Whites from the same pen.

These hatched out a few days efore the last batch and are from my IB pen. I suspect that the BS came from an egg that rolled under the pen divider. The Cameo is from an earlier hatch that was not keeping up so it went back with younger chicks.

These are between two and three weeks old, another mix of everything and my first Silver Pieds and one Spaulding split Pied from either my IBSP or Cameo SP.

Beautiful babies

I wish I had that many with that much variety for peachicks. All I have is 3 peachicks with a 4th one on the way. Out of 8 eggs so far 4 eggs hatched hopefully a 5th soon. Then I have about 1-2 weeks and then my peahen will have peachicks herself. Maybe some day when I have my own place I can have that many and that much variety. I will send a picture of the 3 peachicks in a little bit. One of them I'm thinking is male since he fans up a lot and tries to fly. The peachick that hatched with it looks almost identical so I think I have 2 males. The new peachick is darker in the wing for right now so I'm thinking hen but not guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom