Show off your roosters

And here is little man with my sister. He is still having a hard time of it, but he is still going sore leg and all.

I told my daughter none of the photos came out to well of him because it didn't show his pretty silver grey wings, and the burgundy on his wings

Ok here is my Big guy 100% Legacy.

A bit to close I think. However he is big.

Him with his Legacy daughter.

Stormy next to our Rhode Island red (Not) hen. little man is in the far corner of the pen sleeping you can just see his black tail.

Holy Cow (or chicken, as the case may be)! He's huge! And gorgeous!

When I choose a full grown rooster to add to my flock. I always look at the tails. The bigger the better. I also have noticed that the hens prefer the longer prettier tails. I had 26 GLW hens a few years ago and 3 males, The hens all went for the one with the longest tail. They would ignore the ones with the shorter tails. When my oldest one lost his tail to a dog, All the hens went to the one with the next longest tail. I guess they know what it's for. And the boys do attract females and people to look at the tails.

I didn't know that about the hens preferring the longer tails! We've only got the one cockerel with them right now, so they don't really get a choice.
wink.png

Holy Cow (or chicken, as the case may be)! He's huge! And gorgeous!

He is huge. I also have his 2 daughters. He is an older boy and the ladies love him. If they don't want him to breed he walks off and leaves them alone for the day. Where the younger ones will breed even if the ladies don't want to breed. If I had to say that any of my roosters were gentlemen it would be him. I have people stopping all the time asking for his babies, however I dont allow him to breed with his daughters, and they don't seem to want to either.

My Delaware rooster. A much shorter tail. This is the one that will be culled tomorrow. He almost killed our little man through the pen fence. And has even been trying to take on our big boy Stormy. Stormy is tolerating it, and trying to ignore it. However I know what will happen if I keep this one.

Back
Top Bottom