SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

Yummy split peas soup... there’s potatoes, onions, carrots, fresh herbs, and tri colored peppers

6E32296F-A8E6-46CF-9CD6-7F1F1A02A2A3.jpeg

I saw this (it looks so good!), and thought of @FortCluck, especially since I would omit the meat.
I did copy/paste because I hate links.

Pumpkin pasta with turkey sausage
17FC6DB2-33D2-46A4-9801-B03AFBDB296F.jpeg
“Ground turkey or ground chicken would be a great alternative. You want leaner meats for this dish because I feel heavier alternatives like ground beef would overpower the delicate and creamy flavor of this dish.

No alcohol? Use pasta water.”

“Is there a substitute for heavy cream?”
“You can either omit it or use whole milk.
I haven’t tried this with a dairy alternative but I imagine almond or oat milk would work as well.”

INGREDIENTS

•1 pound fresh mild Italian turkey sausage

• 3/4 pound bucatini pasta

• 4 cloves garlic, minced

• 1 medium onion, diced

• 1 bay leaf

• 4-6 leaves sprigs of fresh sage, sliced into chiffonade

• 1 cup dry white wine

• 1 cup chicken stock

• 1 cup pumpkin puree

• 1/2 cup heavy cream

• 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon

• 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg

• Salt and pepper, to taste

• Parmesan cheese, grated to top

INSTRUCTIONS

• In a pot, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente then drain it and set aside.

• In a large skillet, brown sausage until cooked through. Remove from skillet and set aside.

• In the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the minced garlic and onion and cook until soft & fragrant – about 5 minutes.

• Add in the bay leaf, sage, and wine and cook until wine reduces by half, about 2 minutes.

• Add the chicken stock and pumpkin puree and stir to mix well. Stir in the cream then add the sausage back in.

• Season with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and let simmer until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.

• Add in the pasta and stir to get the sauce coated on all the pasta.

• Serve hot (remember to remove the bay leaf) with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.

Back
Top Bottom