SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

IMG_20171211_163007.jpg
My mother-in-law made these and just brought them over. She was testing out her new oven. I think it has a few quirks that she has to figure out.
These are red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting in the filling.

I made ham hocks and beans, but my little helper didn't get the top on the salt shaker and I forgot to check. So bummed, I'd been craving it since September! I'll make more Sunday I think.

Yesterday was a Before & After kind of day.

Started the day off pretty early as usual. Had some responses to our Classified Ads the day before so we had to get chores done quick before the "So Called" potential customers arrived. I use the term So Called because we get A LOT of calls but almost no one comes when they say they are. Not as much as a courtesy call cancellation.
Yesterday was the complete opposite.
So after giving you that little "walk a mile in our shoes" sob story, here comes the Before & After..

BEFORE:
We went to the Feed Store yesterday morning. SPENT WAY TOO MUCH. Using Foresight as a reason. Instead of going to get feed for the critters 3 times a week, we went for broke.. literally. Spent all the Farm Funds on the load. Brought home 20-fifty# bags of grains and bookoo hay. Our Farm Money is completely gone at this point. Flat broke.
AFTER:
Lord & behold! One of the Swine inquiries shows up at the gate. Walked him back to the pure Bred Berkshires. He bought them all. Without haggling the listed price.
Then the rooster bidding guy showed up and bought 10 roos. Another showed and bought 5 more. Then we sold out of the twenty dozen eggs we has stock piled.
The Pure bred Berks alone payed for the mornings feed bill 4 times!
In the end we came out smelling like a rose. As well as less mouths to feed making the newly purchased load of feed go a lot further..

SPEAKING OF MOUTHS TO FEED..
Time for ours!

BEFORE:
20171211_210119.jpg
AFTER:
20171211_210303.jpg

BEFORE:
20171211_210548.jpg
AFTER:
20171211_211418.jpg

BEFORE:
20171211_210132.jpg
Got some of the Homemade Beans thawed.
20171211_210213.jpg
Thawed a couple portions of Garlic Toast.

Before:
20171211_213208.jpg
AFTER:
steak and shrimp.jpg

Steak/de veined peel & eat Shrimp/Baked Beans & Bacon/Garlic Toast.
Add a glass of red wine and iced H2O. :drool

BEFORE:
crazy eyes.gif

AFTER:
zzzzz.gif

The sandman came for dinner and brought the desert. I was down for the count.

Last edited:
Wow. It’s like a 7 course meal. How do you find the time?
I have plenty of time. All I mostly do is take the pics.. lol. DH is a cook. If you see baked goodies in my posts, that's me, I'm the baker. Hub is a cook by trade in his later yrs.. I let him do his thing. No complaints while I load the dishwasher.. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom