SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

It seems a lot of the big name chefs like to use the quail eggs for topping off their fancy dishes. Are you going high end on us IM? :lol:

Quail look like a lot of fun to raise, such cute little birds.

If pickled eggs and bbq'd birds is high end then I guess so :gig

Tonight we're having fresh ribs. Nephew works for a hunting plantation and his job requires him to hunt feral hogs. We have a few hogs on our property, but it's sure nice to get a call saying "I got a trap full of hogs. Want one?" Yes I want free groceries. Bring it on.

Does he do the processing too Audie?

Some day I'd like to try raising a few quail. And ducks. And a couple of geese. And maybe turkeys. :gig

Just being able to try the various types of eggs would be fun!
turkey eggs are yummy. The have a subtle rich taste.
Does he do the processing too Audie?
No. We do it. I prefer it that way. We process our own deer too. Just bought a nice grinder/ sausage stuffer earlier this year. My husband can process w8ld game like a boss. He does the butchering. We both do the hamburger and sausage. I do the cooking. Lol

turkey eggs are yummy. The have a subtle rich taste.
No. We do it. I prefer it that way. We process our own deer too. Just bought a nice grinder/ sausage stuffer earlier this year. My husband can process w8ld game like a boss. He does the butchering. We both do the hamburger and sausage. I do the cooking. Lol

Sounds like a good division of labor :D

20190118_183143.jpg
so tender the bone pulls out clean. We had smothered green beans and mashed potatoes.

View attachment 1646095
Any ideas why he is sooooo mad???? I suspect someone slipped some balut eggs in place of his quail stash.

I guess that's possible Cavey! :lol:

Sometimes I've wondered how much of that anger is real...I've read some of his interviews and he comes across as pretty rational. He's also done cooking competitions with young kids cooking and he's kind to them. Maybe all that yelling just makes for "good" tv?

Back
Top Bottom