SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

View attachment 1645286

We got our first quail eggs. I tried out my egg scissors and then fried the egg. Interesting flavor, fried in butter with a dash of salt and pepper.
we had Bobwhite quail last year. They live in the wild here. We raised ours to adulthood, ate a few, and released the others. You have notbeen scared properly until you accidentally jump a cubby of quail while taking a nice quiet nature walk. Back to the chefs and quail eggs. My husband thought that was the coolest thing ever. Watching chefs on Chopped use quail eggs.

:pop So who’s gonna tell me about quail?

:oops: I remember so little about quail, I think they would completely fit inside a measuring cup.
It’s amazing how hard it is to find anything helpful on BYC. At least on the mobile site. I suppose I should switch devices.

I don't use it on a mobile device...gotta keep things simple, so I use a desktop.

@BullChick

The eggs taste kind of earthy and rich compared to chicken eggs. You need 3 quail eggs to equal 1 chicken egg, but quail eggs are nutritionally superior.

It's been a while since I've had quail but the taste reminded me of dove...as Audu mentioned, it's slightly gamey but delicious!!! However, those were wild, these aren't and I've never had farm raised so I don't know what to expect.

I can’t decide if it’s Mexican or Chinese. Chin-can? Mexese? :confused:
Fajita style chicken strips coated Chinese style, on a flour tortilla with brown rice, and Walnut Chicken sauce.
9EB47240-48A3-4BBC-A99E-ACA5FE7CB2D6.jpeg

I can’t decide if it’s Mexican or Chinese. Chin-can? Mexese? :confused:
Fajita style chicken strips coated Chinese style, on a flour tortilla with brown rice, and Walnut Chicken sauce.
View attachment 1646532

I don't know what you call it, but I'd eat it!

Must be about time for lunch for me too :lol:

@BullChick

The eggs taste kind of earthy and rich compared to chicken eggs. You need 3 quail eggs to equal 1 chicken egg, but quail eggs are nutritionally superior.

It's been a while since I've had quail but the taste reminded me of dove...as Audu mentioned, it's slightly gamey but delicious!!! However, those were wild, these aren't and I've never had farm raised so I don't know what to expect.
I’m not certain that I’m going to go with quail, but I only have one chicken hen left, and while I have three duck hens, I don’t eat their eggs too often. I need something, so it’s the right time to consider quail. I do like jalapeño/hot pickled eggs, and quail eggs are perfect for it. I also feel awful that Duckling’s trio of bantam lavender Ams are all dead now. The quail-if I get some- can be hers.

Back
Top Bottom