SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

20200818_195614.jpg

Caprese salad, g-bread, tortellini with butternut tomato basil sauce on it. I grew all the tomatoes, basil and squash myself.

That sauce sounds amazing

It was, and it was super easy! I just threw some olive oil and 4 cloves diced garlic in a pot, threw about 5 big rough chopped paste tomatoes in, let it simmer. Threw a mini (about 1lb) bnut squash (this one was a Brulee Honeynut winter squash) cut in halves in the microwave for 5 min. Scraped it into my simmering tomatoes and threw in salt, pepper, pinch of nutmeg, lil oregano. Then mashed it with a potato masher, about 3/4C heavy cream, more salt and mashing, and then simmered with 3 sprigs of basil for about 5 min before pulling those out and letting it cook down about 10 min. Then more mashing. Not really smooth 'cause I don't have an immersion blender (and no way I'm cleaning the regular one for a sauce like this) but VERY tasty.

Garden veggies I picked 2 weeks ago when I had more than I could eat fresh. Cayenne Peppers, Cucumbers, Onions (store bought) Pepper Corns (store bought) Bay Leaf (store Bought. I might not be accurate because I have a lot of these and all of them are different. Tastes really good as I am eating it right now. The ferment seems to make the hot peppers stand out but for some reason the heat is more tolerable with fermented cucumbers. Turned out good. I ate one yesterday for lunch and it made me feel good all day. Yesterdays had dill instead of hot peppers. I used cheap dollar store jars that weren't even air tight, you do not need air tight lids. Its actually easier with lids that are not air tight. I am finding this is a great lunch that even a vegan can eat. I might start fermenting store veggies in winter.
IMG_6135.JPG

Oh wow, it has a crushed garlic clove which I just ate, so good.

What does he put on them
I put them in sandwiches for him. I like them between fresh cucumber slices with a little sour cream and dill to dip. Or rolled up in a slice of lunch meat with some cheese and skip the bread and mayo; I know you don't do meat. I put them in wraps for dinner. We'll usually have a few chicken strips leftover, I make a double batch so I only cook once, and I use the sprouts in place of lettuce to make wraps the next night.

Hubs detests broccoli but he'll eat the sprouts so I have to get greens in any way I can
rolling_pin.gif

Back
Top Bottom