SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

YES! It does the same to us and also makes you gain water weight like crazy. I read on an article the other day that they believe the sodium content in food is the reason why there is so much heart issues in the US and other incurable illnesses. Salt is okay in small doses, but what people are consuming daily is my intake for probably 2 weeks. I try to keep my sodium intake daily under 1,000 mg
It's a difficult thing to balance for sure. I avoid prepackaged stuff as much as possible. The convenience factor is nice though when you're pressed for time after work and have hungry folks at home. I find that if I buy meat that's precooked and add veggies to it with no extra salt the results are pretty good. I try to keep hubs around 2k mg per day in summer because he works outside and no salt is not good in that case. Less for me unless I'll be outside in the heat.

It's a difficult thing to balance for sure. I avoid prepackaged stuff as much as possible. The convenience factor is nice though when you're pressed for time after work and have hungry folks at home. I find that if I buy meat that's precooked and add veggies to it with no extra salt the results are pretty good. I try to keep hubs around 2k mg per day in summer because he works outside and no salt is not good in that case. Less for me unless I'll be outside in the heat.
Yeah my husband adds salt to his food, which I do not mind. I know he needs it since he works outside monday through friday then saturday and sunday is the honey do list lol.

Are you still butchering chickens for your family? I started quail but have not butchered them yet. I will have pics soon though of a cooked quail wrapped in bacon once I weed out who we are butchering.

Yeah my husband adds salt to his food, which I do not mind. I know he needs it since he works outside monday through friday then saturday and sunday is the honey do list lol.

Are you still butchering chickens for your family? I started quail but have not butchered them yet. I will have pics soon though of a cooked quail wrapped in bacon once I weed out who we are butchering.
I sold off 9 of my birds and then lost a few to heat so no butchering right now. I have 15 Turken eggs in my incubator right now so will likely have to butcher in Spring.

Quail were too much work and cost too many lives per meal, plus they made me break out in hives all the time. No more quail for us.

I sold off 9 of my birds and then lost a few to heat so no butchering right now. I have 15 Turken eggs in my incubator right now so will likely have to butcher in Spring.

Quail were too much work and cost too many lives per meal, plus they made me break out in hives all the time. No more quail for us.
I’m sorry quail didn’t work out. I think it’s 2 quail per person per meal from what my friend said... he said that’s with vegetables and rice or whatever

Dear Mom and Dad,
Fajitas...a package of pre cooked beef fajita meat from walmart not frozen but refrigerated, a sliced onion, red and yellow bell peppers and lots of garlic, don't forget the salt and pepper. Put in warm tortillas, top with salsa, crema, guacamole, etc as you wish.
0C66D7A1-30C6-4C1F-8726-F73EA75DD2DF.gif
Sorry, Kermit!

IMG_6258.JPG

Slow cooker Chicken Tacos, Cooked in Chicken broth with Tomatoes, green onions(because I had to use them or lose them) and green cayenne peppers (because a branch broke in the garden and I had to do something with those peppers) ... cheese added as well as my Vinegar soaked red Cayenne Pepper rings.

Spiced used Cumin, Chili Powder, Salt, Garlic (fresh crushed)

Back
Top Bottom