show quality speckled sussex ??

These Speckled Sussex have more Body and overall type than what is found in the USA. The young male looks real nice and the color is almost there. I really like the HENS and Pullets. The hens have super type going on.

The male has too much white in the wing feathers. I will not knock the females as they are mostly there with what we would like to have. When the young finish out post another picture so we can see what an SS should look like. Don
Thanks Snowbird, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I've been super busy! BokBok my young lad is the best coloured male I've had in a long time, I know he's got the odd white wing feather but it hasn't been reflected too badly in his offspring which on the whole have come out very well marked.

These are the males I've used to get to this point, the male the top is the one I started with and the rest were bred from him until I ended up with BokBok. It's been pretty hard! Haha :)

Thank you for being so kind with your critique.

Izzy

Last edited:
I wont to get this Pair of 4 month old bantam speckled sussex- less than 500 in the US.. $75 is it worth it?

11792019_1134033746612185_1855820197403861251_o.jpg

Hi,
What is their lineage? The breeder must know. All the good strains are well known. Are they pure or a combination of Skytop, Overton, Mongold, Leoffel, etc. the breeder should be able to tell you. if not, hum. Quality in show quality bantam Speckled Sussex is very high. This is because not only is the plumage correct, the body type is very, very proper in the elite strains. Her is the Skytop page. http://www.skytopbantams.com/sussex.html These are super correct bantam Speckled Sussex. hey were created by melding the Overton and Mongold strains. The Skytop folk are APA Master Breeders of bantam Speckled Sussex.
See the lovely long body on "Lilly"? That's hallmark of the Overton strain . Now Adam Loeffel of KY got his foundation trio directly from Skytop. Gary Overton is known I the poultry world as Mr. Sussex.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
I have two Speckled Sussex roosters that I would love to show you all. However my phone is fighting me ATM so I can't post them. I will keep trying. Anyone in PA, USA?

Do you have any spare pullets to sell? I would be interested. I would also be interested in trading a few cockerels for a few pullets to give my flock some genetic diversity.

Back
Top Bottom