Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

want to thank all of you who may have purchased birds from me. I have recently sold my Flock of White SG's and will no longer be in the chicken business.

Wings and Waddles Showgirls is out of Business..
my flock has been sold to Jenny

Well jenny just left and only chose 4 hens so I still have 5 hens and two roosters..
so wings and waddles still has bird for sale..
if interested pm me...

I have never had any trouble hatching showgirls. I was wondering if anyone has noticed that the 50% silkie from showgirl mom are all male because I think mine have been. Just now noticing so I need to keep track from now on. And it seems that you can tell at just a few weeks by the hackle feathers.

I have never had any trouble hatching showgirls. I was wondering if anyone has noticed that the 50% silkie from showgirl mom are all male because I think mine have been. Just now noticing so I need to keep track from now on. And it seems that you can tell at just a few weeks by the hackle feathers.

This is interesting, I will have to keep track. I have two silkie hens and 2 SG hens with my silkie roo that I am hatching eggs from so it is hard to know if they came from the SG moms or not...but there have been a ridiculous amount of boys out there in the last few hatches it is frustrating!

My daughter just entered into these...

here her 3 one is obviously older lol

now how do they winter? we own a ton of silkies... but i worry about the cold, icy, snowy winters that don't die here lol anything else i should know about these??

Not true for my lines. I find them harder to sex and get sg of both sexes. But lines can all be different.
My daughter just entered into these... here her 3 one is obviously older lol now how do they winter? we own a ton of silkies... but i worry about the cold, icy, snowy winters that don't die here lol anything else i should know about these??
They are fairly hardy in cold as long as they can pile together. If your silkies are ok your sg are ok.

I have two white showgirl roosters that I need to rehome. Id prefer them to go to a home where they will be appreciated and would love to see them end up in a life long home. I live in Washington state and im willing to drive to deliver them or meet up. Will take new pictures tomorrow.

We just picked her up at our local poultry show today. We named her Vivian and she's 9 months old.
I've gotta get better pics she was a little freaked out from todays events.

Back
Top Bottom