Showgirl thread- for posting pictures and discussing breed!

Quote: Thankies
smile.png
I think I saw a pic of your baby on the silkie thread. I just went through 100 pages that I needed to catch up on. It's the little black showgirl right? Super cute baby. I love blacks
love.gif

I've got a showgirl I hatched as an egg from a show breeder in Florida. She's 11-12 weeks old. What do you all think, boy or girl? Most days I think its pullet but I'm still not sure. Really dark skin and nice 5 toed feet. I had planned on keeping her at least until I was sure, but
I'm running out of room and I already have a couple of black showgirl hens. What do you all think? Male or female? OR do I just have to be patient?

I've got a showgirl I hatched as an egg from a show breeder in Florida. She's 11-12 weeks old. What do you all think, boy or girl? Most days I think its pullet but I'm still not sure. Really dark skin and nice 5 toed feet. I had planned on keeping her at least until I was sure, but
I'm running out of room and I already have a couple of black showgirl hens. What do you all think? Male or female? OR do I just have to be patient?
Looks like a pullet to me, but it's standing kind of boyish
hu.gif
LOL

Here is my sweet girl Vera with 2 babies. I want to darken their skin color so I'm hoping one of these grows up to be a really nice boy so I can put him over some dark skinned silkie hens.

@jeansrie

I'm in Northern Virginia and have been searching for Showgirls with not much success. I travel to Baltimore and DE (Bear) area often as well. Does anyone have any babies available or know of any breeders? Have not had luck with hatching eggs so I'd rather not go that route.

Appreciate any help

Quote: Thanks so much!
I'm in Northern Virginia and have been searching for Showgirls with not much success. I travel to Baltimore and DE (Bear) area often as well. Does anyone have any babies available or know of any breeders? Have not had luck with hatching eggs so I'd rather not go that route.

Appreciate any help

Have you tried posting in your state thread and the Baltimore state thread? I haven't had luck with hatching eggs either sadly, so I was happy to find someone in Oklahoma that I could buy chicks from last year.

Appreciate any help

You could try Jamie at Sleepy Hollow Farms. Not really in NOVA, more central (Charlottesville). She used to breed beautiful Silkies and Showgirls (and Kiko goats). I haven't talked to her in a few years though, so I'm not sure what she's got going on these days, wouldn't hurt to check if its not too far from you though. Good luck, I couldn't find any in my area either, and finally had a rooster shipped to me from another state.

You could try Jamie at Sleepy Hollow Farms. Not really in NOVA, more central (Charlottesville). She used to breed beautiful Silkies and Showgirls (and Kiko goats). I haven't talked to her in a few years though, so I'm not sure what she's got going on these days, wouldn't hurt to check if its not too far from you though. Good luck, I couldn't find any in my area either, and finally had a rooster shipped to me from another state.

Ty!

Back
Top Bottom