1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sick chick?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by kira782, Jun 28, 2011.

1. kira782

kira782 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Littleton, Colorado
    I just got my first 4 chicks this morning and three of them are acting the way I think they should. Cheeping, running around, eating drinking. But the 4th is just laying there. At first I was thinking she was just recovering from her big travel through the mail but now its becoming apparent that she isn't doing well. I've got her to drink a little water but no improvement. She physically looks okay. Is there anything I can do?

2. kaitlyn_rae2003

kaitlyn_rae2003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    Laconia NH
    My latest shipment just arrived, and I have 8 awesome strong healthy chicks and 1 very weak seeming chicky....Of course it is the lav orp I needed SOOOO bad. [​IMG] I hope things turn out ok for us both! I know sometimes vit/ele in the water help, i'll be rooting for you guys! [​IMG]

3. kira782

kira782 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Littleton, Colorado
    Okay i may have been an over worried new parent, the one chick is now eating and drinking and seems to be doing much better. Fingers crossed for our new little ones!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by