Sick chicken

My one girl had egg binding twice. I saved her the first time. She passed her egg and we kept her separated for a while until she was acting normal again.
She’s doing fine now, back to her usual self. She hasn’t laid yet, of course I’m not concerned about getting an egg but rather I’m concerned about her laying and I want to get that part over with as I’m worried she’ll bind again. I know she’s not because she’s eating and happy but I just wish I knew when she was going to produce another egg

She’s doing fine now, back to her usual self. She hasn’t laid yet, of course I’m not concerned about getting an egg but rather I’m concerned about her laying and I want to get that part over with as I’m worried she’ll bind again. I know she’s not because she’s eating and happy but I just wish I knew when she was going to produce another egg
Since she's acting normal, I think the worst is past. It is possible that she will bind again, but my hen didn't bind until a year after the first time I saved her. Just keep an eye on her. You can tell if she is feeling just a little unwell if she tucks her head into her body when she is standing around. That indicates a fever and that's how you can catch it the earliest.

Back
Top Bottom