Sick chicken

3chickswitharooster

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2020
Help, my chicken has been ill. It’s very mysterious. She is the only one exhibiting symptoms. She has lost most of her feathers on her belly, she has watery poop and will sit with her head pulled in and tail dropping. She does eat and drink. She is isolated with extra vitamins in her water and she has food.

I have checked for mites, lice, worms etc. I have found no evidence of any parasites. No nasal discharge or eye discharge. No apparent respiratory distress.

Help, my chicken has been ill. It’s very mysterious. She is the only one exhibiting symptoms. She has lost most of her feathers on her belly, she has watery poop and will sit with her head pulled in and tail dropping. She does eat and drink. She is isolated with extra vitamins in her water and she has food.

I have checked for mites, lice, worms etc. I have found no evidence of any parasites. No nasal discharge or eye discharge. No apparent respiratory distress.
Plucking feathers off their underside is a trait commonly exhibited by broody hens. Do you have a picture?

No, I don’t believe she is broody. We’ve had a couple go broody and she is not acting similarly.
It’s the slumped posture and lethargy that is most concerning.

Please post some photos - hen, her poop, etc.

Does she lay eggs?
How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom