Sick chickens? Help!!!

Laciebug2005

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2019
I may be overreacting but the worried chicken Mom has come out in me. My girls are around 3 months old right now and 3 of them have started making this odd rattling/croaking sound and have sneezed a few times. Is this some sort or respiratory infection? I’m beyond worried and the vet in our town only does large livestock, no chickens. I tried to upload a video for reference but it will not accept the file.

It is possible it's a respitory infection which tend to be easy to treat.

But first have you changed anything in their environment? Do they have fine shavings, has it been hotter and dry where you are? Are they on crumble feed vs pellets?

These could all be causing sneezing and are easy fixes. I wouldn't worry unless none of those are true and they are acting sick, if they are acting normal odds I would just keep an eye on them.

We live in South Georgia so it has been hot and humid. But no changes in the coop, they have soft shavings in their laying houses and hay on the floor of their coop. Should I take the hay out?

It is possible it's a respitory infection which tend to be easy to treat.

But first have you changed anything in their environment? Do they have fine shavings, has it been hotter and dry where you are? Are they on crumble feed vs pellets?

These could all be causing sneezing and are easy fixes. I wouldn't worry unless none of those are true and they are acting sick, if they are acting normal odds I would just keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom