morganurban

In the Brooder
May 30, 2018
Ohio
My 1 year old Pekin has been acting unusual for the past two days. When I woke the ducks up yesterday she wasn’t making any noise and her bill seemed to be lacking color. Usually she’s very vocal. She seems to be weaker than usual. She flapped her wings slow this morning. She’s walking slow. I don’t believe it’s something wrong with her reproductive system because she dropped a normal egg yesterday. She’s still eating and drinking plenty. She chartered a little more this morning than yesterday. She does have bumblefoot and has had a hard time shaking it off but we have been giving her epsom salt water soaks so I don’t think that’s the issue either

I’m assuming you’ve checked everything else?

I’d suggest posting some pictures of her and pictures of the bumblefoot from above and below . Soaking may not be enough.

Bumblefoot is a staph infection after all which can spread into bones and adjacent tissue if left unchecked.
A spreading staph infection makes an animal or us feel terrible and can lead to systemic sepsis which can kill.

I hate to sound like an alarmist here but I’m simply stating it because some people aren’t aware of the potential seriousness of a bad case of bumblefoot.

I’m assuming you’ve checked everything else?

I’d suggest posting some pictures of her and pictures of the bumblefoot from above and below . Soaking may not be enough.

Bumblefoot is a staph infection after all which can spread into bones and adjacent tissue if left unchecked.
A spreading staph infection makes an animal or us feel terrible and can lead to systemic sepsis which can kill.

I hate to sound like an alarmist here but I’m simply stating it because some people aren’t aware of the potential seriousness of a bad case of bumblefoot.
707AEFDC-4C2A-4838-9E1B-3B25E5BB5732.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom