If Albert was the loud one in the video, that is a duck hen. Drakes are more raspy and much quieter. Is Annabelle quacking too? Poor thing looks so pitiful. Blowing out their nares involves them blowing air out of their nose holes to clear any debris out. Sometimes you might see this with them pointing their bill downwards and blowing. Water helps them do this more efficiently. Does Annabelle have anything coming from her nares (nose holes on bill). They're both sweet looking ducks. Albert (or Alberta) is ready to play 💜

Haha! Thank you so much for letting me
Know Albert is Alberta! Just shows how little I know..

If after hearing what others say it does seem like antibiotics would be the best course of action, can I get them from TS?

Also, no, she is not making any noises currently.

Thank you again!

I definitely wouldn't leave her out if you're unable to stay right there with her. She'd be a literal "sitting duck" for any predator.
Did she look like this when she came to you? I'm not convinced that she was perfectly fine whenever you got her if she was in this condition. I would continue to let her soak in a warm bath multiple times a day if possible, to help clean her up. Plus it's just good therapy for so many things. Of course you don't want her to drown but soaking might make her feel better. Definitely continue with the b vitamins. Did you wash her in anything whenever you thought it was wet feather? If the oils were stripped away, she won't be able to insulate herself enough to keep warm in cold/cool water, so that's another reason I think warm water would be helpful.

Haha! Thank you so much for letting me
Know Albert is Alberta! Just shows how little I know..

If after hearing what others say it does seem like antibiotics would be the best course of action, can I get them from TS?

Thank you again!
TSC does carry some antibiotics but I used enrofloxacin with my duck. If you contacted the vet you paid to look at her, I wonder if he'd be willing to prescribe a good strong antibiotic, like clavamox or Baytril? It's worth a try to ask. Otherwise your looking at ordering enrofloxacin and that will take a few days. Maybe someone else has better ideas

TSC does carry some antibiotics but I used enrofloxacin with my duck. If you contacted the vet you paid to look at her, I wonder if he'd be willing to prescribe a good strong antibiotic, like clavamox or Baytril? It's worth a try to ask. Otherwise your looking at ordering enrofloxacin and that will take a few days. Maybe someone else has better ideas
Thank you for the info! I contacted the Vet so see if he will call one of those two in. Just waiting to hear back. Thank you!

I definitely wouldn't leave her out if you're unable to stay right there with her. She'd be a literal "sitting duck" for any predator.
Did she look like this when she came to you? I'm not convinced that she was perfectly fine whenever you got her if she was in this condition. I would continue to let her soak in a warm bath multiple times a day if possible, to help clean her up. Plus it's just good therapy for so many things. Of course you don't want her to drown but soaking might make her feel better. Definitely continue with the b vitamins. Did you wash her in anything whenever you thought it was wet feather? If the oils were stripped away, she won't be able to insulate herself enough to keep warm in cold/cool water, so that's another reason I think warm water would be helpful.

Thank you so much for your reply. What can I do to help her start producing those oils again?

Thank you so much for your reply. What can I do to help her start producing those oils again?
While she's so wobbly, I don't know if she'll be able to stimulate her preening gland or not. I would just make sure she's getting in some warm water a few times a day. You could gently splash some water on her, trying to not startle her. You *might* notice a yellowing spot over this gland until she's able to properly preen herself again. I wouldn't wash her in any other soap. Just plain clean warm water. I noticed her right leg and foot in the video and they look normal. Does her left leg and foot look OK too? Any areas that seem hot or swollen?
There's just as much chance that she does have a neurological problem that could have happened during the move. Continue with that b vitamin daily. I think I did it twice a day. How are you giving this?

Back
Top Bottom