Sick/Dying Chicken????

meandmy3

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Hi, I am new here and am looking for some help to determine what is wrong with all my chicken's. I started out with 6 that I purchased from a local store and I have had them about a year,I also rescued about eight more from a neighbor who did not want them anymore. All of wich are hen's. About a month ago I started seeing them all one by one act paralyzed and not moving around but they would eat and drink. Thier feet curl up and then a few days pass and they seem to die. I had one rooster in the bunch and he did the same thing but then got better for a day and the next he was dead.....Can someone please give me some advise on what might be the issue with them and what I can do to save the only seven I have left.....Also I'd like to know if it will affect any other animals I have because I have two ducks and two geese as well but they have showed no symptoms of anything.

Thank you.

I'm sorry your chickens are dying. I have no experience with this, but just wish you all well and welcome you to the forum. There are some very experienced people on here and someone should be able to help.

Wow, didn't notice this was your very first post... Google Marek's disease and see if the Wikipedia explination comes up. It's very detailed and informative. If your birds started exhibiting symptoms after you mixed one flock into another it seems very possible that would be it.

When posting about emergencies include any and all info that you can think of that may be a part of the issue including when symptoms appeared and poop description what they are fed... The whole nine yards.

I'm sorry you're having problems hopefully someone here can point you in the right direction.

This seems to be it guys,all the symptoms and pics I have seen online look to be what they have been through
sad.png
Thanks for your info,it was a great help,at least I know now.

I came across this- read some pages and I have a question for those with knowledge of this- It says that chickens can get this but it doesn't say how it spreads though the flock- if you get one sick chick will they all get sick? Will you lose your whole flock?

And say you do- is it then on your property and in your coop- so if you got more- it would just continue?

I am not finding these answers.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom