Sick dying chicks. **UPDATE 8-7 PICS pg. 19**

We have a rabbitry and I have to do the same. Even if they look perfectly healthy they live alone for 4 weeks. I hope they get better
smile.png
My fingers are crossed for you.

I have been following your thread and praying for strength for you and your chickens to get through this. I have only bought chickens from someone else once and when I got them home and one ended up with pneumonia (it was my fault, I almost drowned him) I decided that I would never buy chickens like that again. Even though I quarantined them, i was still scared that my others would catch it. I wish you the best and am glad that things are looking up.

Thank you all for the many prayers and well wishes! Things here are getting better everyday. The 3 wk. old babies spent the day outside yesterday and LOVED it! I will post pics A.S.A.P. I noticed a few of them sneezing a bit while they were outside, but I think it was the dust that they were scratching up. I'll hope anyways! Picture of all survivors will be posted soon.
smile.png

Oh, great news! Can't wait for pics! Yes, I'm sure the sneezing was due to scratching, and maybe outside stuff floating around!

Here's some pics of my survivors!

My 18 wk. and 13 wk. olds
DSC02398.jpg

Most of my 6 1/2 wk. olds
DSC02400.jpg

and... here's my 3 wk. olds and their first adventure outdoors yesterday!
DSC02394.jpg

DSC02395.jpg

DSC02396.jpg

DSC02397.jpg

Oh, Stacey - they look great! Good color, and they look healthy & happy! That little one sitting next to the blue in the last pic has interesting coloring - what's the breed on that one?
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks Wynette! The look MUCH better! The blue is a Jersey Giant cockerel and the one that you are referring to is on my little little girls Mille Fluer d'Uccle babies. The feather on their feet are absolutely amazing!
smile.png

Last edited:
Oh, I see the feathers now! What pretty coloring, it has!

Uh-oh...I did NOT need to know that you have BLUE JERSEYS! :eek:

LOL! I only ended up with 2 of those Jersey babies. One blue and one splash! The splash is a pullet I think. She is upfront in the first and 2 pics of the 3 1/2 wk. olds.

I really like the coloring on the d'Uccles also. They are really neat!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom