sick Guinea Fowl

welcome-byc.gif

well, sad to say my little guy didn't make it. But he didn't die alone. I just got home from town and sat with him as he took his last breaths. I called my husband to tell him what had happened and he was sad too. Amazing how such a sweet creature could touch your heart.. even my husband's. He's not a bird kind of guy but somehow someway this little guy changed his mind. Only wish I knew what I did wrong, or what I should of done to prevent such a thing from happening. Guess we learn lessons along the way.. some sad and some happy. Thanks so much for all your advice. It's been a tough Winter here in Michigan.. Looking forward to Spring so my flock can roam free again.

well, sad to say my little guy didn't make it. But he didn't die alone. I just got home from town and sat with him as he took his last breaths. I called my husband to tell him what had happened and he was sad too. Amazing how such a sweet creature could touch your heart.. even my husband's. He's not a bird kind of guy but somehow someway this little guy changed his mind. Only wish I knew what I did wrong, or what I should of done to prevent such a thing from happening. Guess we learn lessons along the way.. some sad and some happy. Thanks so much for all your advice. It's been a tough Winter here in Michigan.. Looking forward to Spring so my flock can roam free again.
I am so sorry about your baby. I hope your heart heals soon.
hugs.gif

And you did nothing wrong. These things happen. All you can do is give them a good life and enjoy them.

Back
Top Bottom