Sick hen goose

92caddy

Egg Lover
12 Years
May 18, 2007
Portland, IN
I have an african hen goose that is sick. I dont know what is wrong with her. She is not eating. She drinks some, but nothing near what she used too and she dont move around much, just sits around alot. She gets around good, when she moves. I gave her shots of tylon50 and penecillin yesterday. Today I put vitamins&eletrolytes and aureomycin in her water this evening. Any clues, thoughts or ideas of what may be wrong would be very helpful...........

How does her poop look?
Is she injured?
Is her esphogus blocked? (You could see something like that in her neck)
How are her feet condition?
How old is she?
Is her abdomen swollen? Hard? Is she laying? If not how long ago did she stop?
Is she broody?

I didnt see her poop, but my better half did, said poop was like water.

She hasnt layed for about a week now. when she was laying, her eggs were getting odd shaped, with crack like lines on the eggs. and some wringles on egg.

I think she is about 2 years old.

She dont seem injured, and I know she is not broody, if she was, I would think she would be near a nest alot, but she isnt, shes out and about, but she just dont move around alot, she just sits around alot.

She dont seem swollen to me, I couldnt feel any eggs in her bottom, unless its up further.

I havent took notice of her feet.

Dont seem lile anything in her throat.

I havent seen her eat anything in 2 days now. Im thinking about trying to hand feed her to make sure she is getting some food. She is drinking, but nothing like she used too.......

Does she walk funny? She might have egglaying problems. She is obviously not eating. Is her feed fresh? Can you get her to eat anything? Maybe bread soaked in V&E solution? Cheerios? anything?

Sorry so late getting back to ya, but she was egg bound and I got it out, she is much better now, shes still not 100%, but much better then she was. ..........

Back
Top Bottom