Sick hen?

BrittanyD10

Chirping
Jul 30, 2020
I have a almost 2 year old hen, she looks fine her comb and waddles are bright red and waxy, her feathers around the butt are clean but she is moving slow and doesn't wanna free range she went back into the coop, she's able to fly up onto the ramp still and get on the roost, idk if she's sick or if something else is wrong? I put vitamins and electrolytes in the water...

When's the last time she laid an egg?

Have you examined her at all? Check her crop - what's that like? What's her poop look like? Have you looked for lice/mites? Is she eating/drinking?

Photos and/or video are always welcome. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.

Have you examined her at all? Check her crop - what's that like? What's her poop look like? Have you looked for lice/mites? Is she eating/drinking?

Photos and/or video are always welcome. Upload video to youtube and provide a link.
She laid an egg today, her crop is normal, her poop did look different like a dark dark brown hard ball kinda, no lice or mites checked for that, she is drinking will not eat and I've been giving her electrolyte water and vitamins but when I picked her up she did throw up a bunch of water!

Attachments

• IMG_20210625_161756656.jpg
    IMG_20210625_161756656.jpg
    574.3 KB · Views: 4
She laid an egg today, her crop is normal, her poop did look different like a dark dark brown hard ball kinda, no lice or mites checked for that, she is drinking will not eat and I've been giving her electrolyte water and vitamins but when I picked her up she did throw up a bunch of water!
Crop looks quite full, drinking a lot but not eating....Re-check her crop first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drink. If it's not empty, then start treating her crop.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

Back
Top Bottom