sick hen

i have a hen that's been sick for 3 days here's a video what do I do she's my favorite hen please please help
Is her face swollen? Any wheezing, discharge, sneezing, odor, etc? What does her poop look like? How old is she? What breed is she?

I've got the same thing. She was puffed up yesterday morning and didnt charge out of the coop with the rest of the flock. She is sleepy and eats very little. I kept her in the house last night, but she's about the same as yesterday. Checked for mites/ticks, and also no worms in her stool. The other chicks and duck are all fine.

I've got the same thing. She was puffed up yesterday morning and didnt charge out of the coop with the rest of the flock. She is sleepy and eats very little. I kept her in the house last night, but she's about the same as yesterday. Checked for mites/ticks, and also no worms in her stool. The other chicks and duck are all fine.
  • Dust for mites/lice with a poultry dust, not DE, even if you can't see them.
  • You don't have to see worms in poop for them to have worms.
  • Weigh on digital kitchen scale.

her face is swollen shes sneezing and weezing she is a new Hampshire red
When mine have a respiratory infection, I usually treat them with an antibiotic called Baytril, but it's banned by the FDA for use in food animals, so it should only be used if you're not planning on eating meat/eggs from the treated bird. Tylan is probably a better choice for most people and you can get it at TSC. I also dust for mites/lice, even if I can't see them and worm with fenbendazole (Safeguard for Goats), 50mg/kg ( .5cc/kg), by mouth, repeat in 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom