Sick or normal? cough

wantbantams

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
I have a LB with a cough. She has had the cough for 2 weeks. She has no symptoms other than the cough. She has no drainage from her nose, no smells from her face, her poops are normal, no swelling in face. Just a cough. She is very young and is living inside right now. I put her on Sulmet (recommended on this site) and nothing has changed. I checked her throat today and I noticed that there were some small nodules in the back of her throat. They were white and I saw one that was a greenish color. Any advice on these. If I had those in my throat I think I would be coughing too. I need to know what to do with her because I really do not need another indoor chicken and we do not put to have to put her down. Please help. Any advice would be good. I am going to try to get a recording of the cough to post on her. Could this be related to the cold dry air?

She tends to cough the most when she is eating and drinking. I am not able to attach a sound byte of her coughing, but I have one recorded. She does this pretty regularly. If someone wants to hear it, I can try to e-mail you the sound.

Back
Top Bottom