There are a number of youtube videos for treatment of sour crop in pigeons. Some are intriguing but I don't know from experience if they work......

Not 'You tube' but this is from a site called Melbournebirdvet.com
http://www.melbournebirdvet.com/common-pigeon-disease-amp-treatments.aspx

Sour crop

In pigeons with sour crop, at least 90% have an internal canker nodule located at the base of the crop or within the glandular stomach (proventriculus). As the nodule increases in size, it squashes the windpipe making breathing difficult and blocking the crop outlet. This interferes with crop emptying, leading to bacterial infection of the crop and secondary starvation and dehydration due to the crop contents not being able to pass into the bird's system. Usually by the time the bird is noticed to be unwell, the condition has passed the point where it will respond to treatment. Deaths often occur due to the nodule growing through the stomach wall, leading to stomach contents leaking into the chest. Alternatively, the nodule can damage the heart or large blood vessels within the chest, causing sudden and severe bleeding. Such birds are often found dead on the floor with blood coming from the mouth. It is always worth attempting to treat valuable birds and I suggest :
• Manually empty the crop
• Give electrolytes in water
• Treat bird with 3 drops Baytril twice daily
• Treat bird with 1 tablet of Spartrix or a 1/4 Flagyl tablet or 0.5 ml Flagyl syrup once daily
• Separate unwell bird from loft mates

Ok, I understand sorry about the misunderstanding. Luckily I didn't feed him. I am going to the store tomorrow to buy it because where I am it is late and the stores are closed. The tube looks like a good idea, hopefully, it works. I can try the medicines. Do you guys know where I can get the Baytril, Flagl, and Spartrix

Not 'You tube' but this is from a site called Melbournebirdvet.com
http://www.melbournebirdvet.com/common-pigeon-disease-amp-treatments.aspx

Sour crop

In pigeons with sour crop, at least 90% have an internal canker nodule located at the base of the crop or within the glandular stomach (proventriculus). As the nodule increases in size, it squashes the windpipe making breathing difficult and blocking the crop outlet. This interferes with crop emptying, leading to bacterial infection of the crop and secondary starvation and dehydration due to the crop contents not being able to pass into the bird's system. Usually by the time the bird is noticed to be unwell, the condition has passed the point where it will respond to treatment. Deaths often occur due to the nodule growing through the stomach wall, leading to stomach contents leaking into the chest. Alternatively, the nodule can damage the heart or large blood vessels within the chest, causing sudden and severe bleeding. Such birds are often found dead on the floor with blood coming from the mouth. It is always worth attempting to treat valuable birds and I suggest :
• Manually empty the crop
• Give electrolytes in water
• Treat bird with 3 drops Baytril twice daily
• Treat bird with 1 tablet of Spartrix or a 1/4 Flagyl tablet or 0.5 ml Flagyl syrup once daily
• Separate unwell bird from loft mates
That is probably the best link I have seen I a long time!

I checked it out it was really good, I am totally keeping this in favorites for any future problems:thumbsup I just saw that you had asked about seeing the poop. Here is a photo.

Here it is

Attachments

• IMG_5367.JPG.jpeg
    IMG_5367.JPG.jpeg
    475.6 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom