My parents won't allow me to do that tomorrow when it is day time I will put a paper towel in the cage and have him poop on it.

I hope that you don't have to deal with this sickness. From now on I will apply Apple Cider Vinegar in everybody's water bowls.

I checked up on various sources before I started using ACV in my birds' water, and the consensus seemed to be 2 teaspoons per liter of water. I have been applying that amount and the birds seem to like it. I also supplement their water with garlic once a week. There are commercially available garlic oils and powders, but I just take one clove and push down on it lightly with the side of a large chef knife so it breaks it up a bit and allows more oils and juices to emit into the water, and I just put that in the water whole.

Hello, I wanted to give an update on the pigeon. Unfortunately, he died 4 days ago. Thank you for all your help and from now I would certainly add ACV to the water and try the garlic idea. Again thank you for your help, even though he passed away I now know exactly how to prevent this disease and cure them if they get sick again. Sorry for taking so long to answer (school started and it got crazy:wee)

I saw on an add that Perdue used barley in the water of their chickens I'm not sure that that would work with pigeons but I'll just put that out there. I'm very sorry for your loss:hugs

Hello, I wanted to give an update on the pigeon. Unfortunately, he died 4 days ago. Thank you for all your help and from now I would certainly add ACV to the water and try the garlic idea. Again thank you for your help, even though he passed away I now know exactly how to prevent this disease and cure them if they get sick again. Sorry for taking so long to answer (school started and it got crazy:wee)

I'm sorry to hear about that. To be clear, I'm not sure ACV completely prevents sour crop, but I think it could help.

Best of luck going forward.

Thank you and I am going to try it, ACV might not exactly prevent it but it can help keep them healthier which reduces the chance of them getting sick. I want to thank everyone for their help, I do not know what I would've done without you guys. I love all your hugs and here is one for you guys to thank you :hugs

Back
Top Bottom